NAWBO’s mission is to:
- Strengthen the wealth-creating capacity of NAWBO’s members and promote economic development;
- Create innovative and effective changes in the business culture;
- Build strategic alliances, coalitions and affiliations; and
- Transform public policy and influence opinion makers
A wealth of web information exists for local and state government.
This information includes contact info for your elected officials as well as a variety of information you may wish to access as a business owner.
For information regarding local governments, please use the following jurisdiction links. Information includes elected officials, administrative departments, City Council, Town and County meetings and agendas, Boards, Committees, Commissions, and more.
- City of Tucson - www.tucsonaz.gov
- Pima County - www.pima.gov
- Marana - www.marana.com
- Oro Valley - www.orovalleyaz.gov
- Sahuarita - www.ci.sahuarita.az.us
- Pima County – www.pima.gov
- State Government – www.az.gov
- Federal Government - How to contact your Representative or Senator: Visitwww.nawbo.org and under the Advocacy menu, select "Legislative Action Center".
Top 10 Reasons to be involved in Public Policy
10. Lincoln, Washington and Jefferson started as “activists”.
9. The Iron Jawed Angels of 1912 who earned you the right to vote would be proud.
8. Understanding is power.
7. You don’t expect a man to do this hard work do you?
6. Voting once a year is not enough. You vote everyday you are silent.
5. Learn how government can help your business and how your business can help government govern smartly.
4. Small Business Owners rule only if they participate and that’s rule number one.
3. Public policy is where the rubber meets the road.
2. Be on the front lines of changing the world for the better.
1. Lead, follow or get out of the way.